Maine Chaga Coarse Powder, Bulk 14oz
Our Premium Chaga Powder With "Black Gold" High Concentration Of Important Black Crust
Bulk Raw Chaga For Making Extract Or Steep for Tea
Sustainably Wild Harvested In The Pristine Woods Of Maine USA
- Raw Whole Mushroom; Mycelium (Orange Inner), Sclerotia (Black Outer Crust) And Nutritious Birch Bark Fibers
- Very High Percentage Of Important Black Outer Crust (Where Betulin Is Stored)
- *Not For Ingesting Raw as This Has Coarse Sharp Edges* Instead Use Our Maine Chaga & Wild Blueberry Fine Ground Powder
- Limited Supply-While Supply Lasts, Over 750 Tea Servings
- Wild harvested chaga absorbs betulin from the birch bark and converts it within the melanin of the black outer crust into a form our bodies can utilize. Betulin/betulinic acid is one of the most important nutrients found in chaga. Cultivated chaga grows only the inner orange mycelium and does not grow this important black outer crust. Betulin can only be extracted using alcohol when making a tincture as it extracts the non-water soluble nutrients. Hot water tea-steeping extracts the water soluble nutrients. Both methods provide much of the diverse nutrients that chaga offers.
Using a tea strainer, add 1/4 teaspoon to one cup of very hot water and steep for 8-10 minutes. Water must be hot enough to infuse chaga. Nutrients will not be damaged with hot water. We do not recommend that chaga be boiled. Using a large crockpot: Add 2-3 Tablespoons to water, set on low for 12-24 hours. May be stored in the refrigerator up to a week. May add your favorite flavoring if desired. Chaga tea is odorless and has very little flavor but offers all the benefits of hot water soluble extracted nutrients.
Raw wild harvested whole chaga mushroom; mycelium (orange inner), sclerotia (black out crust) and birch bark fibers