Grow your own panellus bio-luminescent mushrooms with liquid culture syringes!
Caution, these mushrooms are toxic and should not be eaten!
Panellus stipticus is native to Asia, Australia, Europe and North America.
Although it is not edible, it is being studied for its potential in bioremediation of
land that is contaminated and in converting industrial waste. A study using liquid
cultures of mycelia has shown reduction in the amount of toxic polyphenols in
waste water produced by olive-processing plants by 42% after 31 days. In
traditional Chinese medicine, the fruiting bodies have been used as a violent
purgative and to staunch bleeding.
Bio-luminescent panellus grows in clusters on logs, stumps and trunks of
deciduous trees such as oak, birch, maple and hickory. It grows in a fan like
shape up to 3 cm wide. It starts out as a tiny white knob, darkening to an orange,
yellow or brownish colored cap attached to the wood by a short stalk. The
bioluminescent part is mostly only at the ridges of the gills but does vary
depending what kind of wood it is growing on. It causes white rot by releasing
enzymes that break down the lignin in the wood. These enzymes are being
studied for their use in bioremediation.
Out-Grow is proud to present a full line of edible and medicinal mushroom
cultures. Economically priced so that everyone can enjoy the wonderful hobby
and benefits of mushroom cultivation. Our cultures are made by experts and are
100% clean and viable.
The liquid culture syringes are between 10 and 12cc and are ready to inject to
your substrate of choice such as sterilized rye berries.